Special Fried Rice London Style.

Posted by Jeremy 8th. June 2009.

Special Fried Rice - London style is very appetising and easy to cook. I normally cook this dish for my family in London and they have always enjoyed it. Why don't you try it yourself !

Special Fried Rice- London style.


This Special Fried Rice has always been the favourite with my kids. I made up this dish when I was living in London. In fact I have made up quite a number of recipes due to the fact that much of the ingredients needed for most Asian dishes were not readily available in England. If they were, I still need to go to London's Chinatown to get it. My Fried Spaghetti was also concocted while living there. (And beer brewing, wine making and ........)

Ingredients.
1. Streaky bacon 4 pieces cut into 1 inch lengths.
2. 200 gms. fresh prawns - shelled.
3. 100 gms. breast of chicken - cut into small pieces.
4. 200 gms. mixed vegetables.
5. 2 eggs beaten well.
6. 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
7. Half teaspoon of fine table salt.
8. White ground pepper - added to taste (optional if you require non-spicy)
9. 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
10.Cooked rice (cook half a kilo of long grain rice)

Method.
Heat up the cooking oil in a Wok and fry for 1 minute. Add in chicken, bacon, prawns and mixed vegetables. Stir fry for another 5 minutes.
Add in the rice and mix thoroughly in the Wok with the vegetables; keep stir fry for another 5 minutes.
Add in the beaten eggs and salt (and pepper) and sir fry all together for a further 10 minutes.
Ready to serve for 4 people.
Isn't it easy when you know how?


Enjoy my Special London Fried Rice with bacon and prawns!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=85722060f3d15407379d322c2ec7fcca